Introduction -indore junction
|Number of platforms
|Number of tracks
|Total Passenger Footfall (per day)
|Number of trains passing through per day
|Distance from Indore Airport
|Distance from Indore Bus Stand
|Year of establishment
Indore Railway Station is a gateway to the heart of India, located in the city of Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Serving as a major junction for both meter gauge and broad gauge railway lines, the station is one of the busiest and most important railway stations in Central India. With its rich history dating back to the early 20th century, modern facilities, and convenient location, the station is an essential transportation hub for locals and visitors alike.At Indore Railway Station, passengers can find a range of facilities and amenities for their convenience, including a booking office, waiting rooms, food stalls, toilets, parking, and free Wi-Fi access. The station is served by a large number of trains from various parts of the country, such as the Indore-Delhi Sarai Rohilla Express, the Indore-Mumbai Central Avantika Express, the Indore-Pune Express, and the Indore-Jammu Tawi Malwa Express. The station is also surrounded by several popular tourist attractions, including the Rajwada Palace, Lal Bagh Palace, Kanch Mandir, and the Annapurna Temple. With its friendly atmosphere and convenient location, Indore Railway Station is sure to leave a lasting impression on all its visitors.
His Highness the Maharajah Holkar of Indore Sawai Shri Tukojirao Holkar II, kindly offered a loan of £10 million sterling in 1870 to construct a rail line from the Great Indian Peninsula (G.I.P.) Railway main line to his capital city of Indore. A quick survey was made and it was decided that the Holkar State Railway should be built between Khandwa and Indore, passing through the Mhow Ghat. This involved digging of 4 tunnels aggregating 510 yards in length, deep cuttings and heavy retaining walls. Additionally, River Narmada was crossed by a bridge of 14 spans, 197 feet each and piers 80 feet above low water level, with 14 other large bridges with high piers, the highest pier being 152 feet above the bottom of the ravine.
List of Indore juctions
- Indore Junction BG (Big Gauge) Station Code: INDB Address: Indore Junction, Chhoti Gwaltoli, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452001
- Indore Junction MG (Meter Gauge) Station Code: INDM Address: Indore Junction, Chhoti Gwaltoli, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452001
- Indore Junction MG-1 Station Code: INDM1 Address: Indore Junction, Chhoti Gwaltoli, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452001
- Indore Junction MG-2 Station Code: INDM2 Address: Indore Junction, Chhoti Gwaltoli, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452001
- Indore Junction MG-3 Station Code: INDM3 Address: Indore Junction, Chhoti Gwaltoli, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452001
These railway stations are all located in close proximity to each other in the Chhoti Gwaltoli area of Indore, which is the central railway hub of the city.
Indore Railway Station offers a range of facilities and amenities for the convenience of passengers. Some of the key facilities available at the station include:
- Booking office: The station has a large booking office where passengers can book tickets for trains to various destinations across the country.
- Waiting rooms: There are several waiting rooms at the station, including an air-conditioned waiting room for first-class passengers.
- Food stalls: There are several food stalls at the station, offering a variety of snacks and meals for passengers.
- Toilets: The station has clean and well-maintained toilets for passengers to use.
- Parking: The station has a large parking lot for private vehicles.
- Wi-Fi: The station provides free Wi-Fi access to passengers.
How to reach?
- By Train: Indore Junction is a major railway station and is well-connected to other parts of the country by train. Several trains run from major cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata to Indore Junction. Once you reach the station, you can easily access other parts of the city.
- By Bus: Indore Junction is located in the heart of the city and is well-connected to other parts of Indore by bus. The Madhya Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (MPSRTC) operates buses from various parts of the city to the railway station. You can also take private buses or taxis to reach the station.
- By Taxi or Auto-Rickshaw: Taxis and auto-rickshaws are readily available in Indore and can be hired to reach Indore Junction. You can either book a taxi through an app or hail one from the street. Auto-rickshaws are a cheaper option and are ideal for short distances.
- By Personal Vehicle: If you have your own vehicle, you can drive to Indore Junction and park your vehicle in the station’s parking lot. The station has ample parking space for both two-wheelers and four-wheelers.